Sunday, November 3, 2013

One Year Later...

So I've decided to come back to blogging! It's been almost one year (in 7 days) since my life changed entirely, and I became a Tippets! In that day I became not only a wife, but a mom! The term "Step-mom" just has this negative feeling that sends my mind straight to the "Evil step mother" in Cinderella. SO I prefer just to say I have two beautiful daughters, because that's how I love them, as though they were my own. When I got married we skipped the honeymoon phase of life, and just jumped right into reality! And you know what, I've never felt like I missed out on anything. I feel like it's the other way around actually, people should be jealous of the loving little girls that I get to hang out with :)
I jumped right into folding clothes for the whole family, spoiling kiddos for Christmas, Halloween, Easter ...yeahh every holiday is just way more fun with kids, doing homework after dinner, playing at the park, and dealing with the emotional minds of a tender little girl! It's been a journey for sure as I look back on the moments, you know, those moments that you know you're gonna remember forever. But our journey is an eternal one, one that's full of learning and growing opportunities. I look at my husband, and I am even more in love than I was one year ago. I love him more and more every day, and am beyond grateful for his love for me. I love our life together, and I wouldn't trade it for any other life. We have come a long ways, despite the doubt of many, and we've come out stronger and closer and more in love than ever. 
Ok ok I'll end the mushy love talk. I've decided to keep all of the blog posts from the past, just because they are all a part of my journey to this point! I know lots of people start a  completely new blog when they get married, but why delete the past? Maybe I'm just lazy. Haha. Anyways, I'd like to post a few pics of an important event that took place a few months ago...Jade's baptism! There are too many things to update, and rather than doing them all at once, I'll start slow now that I'm easing back into this blogging thing...

Isn't she cute? That day was a great day in the Tippets family! I am grateful to be in a gospel centered family, and eternal one. It brings me so much joy to live this gospel, and to teach it to our girls. What a great and intimidating responsibility that is, but a worthwhile one! Anyways...
I better end this post before I start rambling, well maybe I already have. More to come soon, I promise!
Keep on looking up, cause that's where it all is!
XOXO


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Your girls are just darling! You are a wonderful mom, they are so lucky! I'm glad to see you blogging again and can't wait for the next post! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...