Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Reason for the Season.

I really do love Sunday's. It's the one day of the week where I can really sit down and think about maybe possibly doing a blog post. So here I am sitting in my room, in my big bean bag, listening to the strange rain storm that's going on right now. It was just hailing a few minutes ago. Freaky and out of context for this month. But I'd much rather enjoy this cooler weather than try to survive the unbearable heat wave that I experienced this summer. That was rough.

So pretty much I love the Christmas season. It's for sure my favorite time of the year. Everyone is happy, and nice to each other, and everywhere you look there are Christmas lights and decorations. Tonight was the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional, and it was amazing. I was overwhelmed with the messages taught of the importance of the meaning of the season. The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of Christ. It is all too easy and often that we tend to forget that as we get caught up in the shopping, and cooking, and running around getting all those last minute holiday things done. To read or watch the messages that were shared, you can go here.

I had the opportunity to be a host for a nativity that my church put on for the community. It was amazing to see so many nativities and Christmas decorations fill the gym of our church building. When I was hosting, I walked around for about 2 hours making sure that no kids managed to break anything, and also to answer any questions that the people walking through may have. There were over 700 nativities, and let me tell you, to say it was beautiful would be an understatement. I was beyond impressed by the beauty of it. And it was truly a treat to be able to walk through and see all the nativities. As I walked around I had lots of time to think about the birth of Christ and the amazing miracle that it was. It really is an amazing story that I think a lot of us, including myself, seem to put in the back of our minds during Christmas time.

Anyways. I hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying the holiday season! My bed is calling my name. Have a great week! And don't forget to remember the reason for the season!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...