Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vacation is Necessary.

It's been a while. But life has treated me well the last few weeks. I had the amazing opportunity to go on another vacation to Rexburg Idaho to visit some much missed friends. It's weird that I keep vacationing to Rexburg. It's not a place most people in the world would put on their list of top places to go on vacation. I was able to make it vacation #3 with Ally  this year, and having three vacations with her between April and now is pretty awesome if you ask me. It was like taking a breath of fresh air being able to visit my friends up there.

Before I left for Rexburg I felt like my life was super busy, and I hadn't had any time to just sit back and relax. I remember finally getting through security at the DFW airport last Wednesday getting ready to board my flight to Salt Lake City and it was in that moment as I took my seat at the gate that it finally hit me that I was leaving on a vacation. I took a deep breath of relief and relaxation. Isn't it crazy how sometimes life is dragging us around by our busy schedules? That's how I felt. I had 5 days of no work and all play with some of my greatest friends, and it was the perfect way to spend my vacation.

While I was in Rexburg, I was reminded of the person that I became as a result of living there for four years. Living there and getting my education at Brigham Young University-Idaho changed my life for the better. From the moment I stepped off the plane in Utah, and during the four hour drive to Idaho I was overwhelmed with the memories that took place during my time up there. The person I am today is a direct reflection of the variety of experiences that took place in my life during those years. The thoughts of the many friends that came into my life up there is amazing to me, because so many of those friends are continuing to bless my life everyday. I felt a sense of humility and gratitude come over me those five days as I reflected on the memories that come whenever I visit Rexburg. I was so blessed to go to a school that helped me grow in my faith and allowed me to meet so many wonderful people who taught me what it is to be a friend. I will forever cherish the memories made there. Being there again reminded me of the person that I became at that school, and made me realize that I have become so busy with life here that I had lost sight of that person that I became there. So thank you Rexburg for helping me get back into my groove again. And thank you to my amazing friends that I got to see up there. Ally, Dan, Kara, Chanel, Blaine, Kelli, Mark, Kelan, Alyssa, Mariah, Carly, Marla, Melissa, Micheal, Scott, Gary?!, and the list goes on and on.

Onto other things. Have I mentioned that I just really love my white Iphone?! I don't think I have. I got it in June and I love it more and more everyday. It can do anything and everything. This week I downloaded a podcast of the conference sessions, a whole session at a time. I have had the amazing opportunity to listen to them as I drive around in the car everyday. I am amazed at the messages and how much I still get out of them even though I've already heard them. And I am also amazed at the technology that allows me to listen to them in my car. Also, I downloaded some workout apps that are just so cool. My Iphone makes staying in shape so much easier.

I hope everyone has an amazing week this week! Take on Monday! Happy Halloween Eve!!!

And remember. Happiness is a choice.

1 comment:

AllyM said...

loved seeing you. love byui. and garryyyy?!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...