Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week Review.

Today I made the mistake of taking a Sunday nap at about 6 o clock this evening. I forced myself to get out of bed around 7:30. And so now here it is midnight, when I surely should be sleeping, but I'm wide awake.

This week had its ups and downs just like every week does, but it ended on a great note. Sunday's are always my favorite day of the week, and today was another spectacular Sunday. I belong to a really great singles ward, and every week is another three hour block full of uplifting talks and lessons by so many ward members that I really look up to. But it's not just on Sunday's when I have the opportunity to be taught by my ward  members. It's Monday night family home evening group discussions, ward temple trips, Thursday night institute, and weekend activities. 

This week was especially uplifting. It started with another amazing discussion among my fantastic home evening group. We have a comfortable sized group, and I look forward to every lesson because we really get into it and learn from each other. It's really a great way to start the week off. 

Wednesday was probably my most productive day. I woke up at 5:15 in the morning to go on a bike ride with my friend Erica, and then as soon as I got home at about 6:00, I got dressed and took off for the Dallas temple. It was ward temple day, and I was able to go to a baptism session at 7:00 before work. We had a small little group there that morning, and it was a neat experience, I was very grateful for the opportunity to be in the temple with so many wonderful examples and friends. I left after our session to get to work at 9:00, and then went through the long work day. When I got off work that night, there was another baptism session at 8:00, so I drove down again to end the day with that. It once again was a very uplifting experience. As I walked in, I saw many of my friends that had been there with me earlier that morning, they had been there all day.

 I am constantly amazed and grateful for the friends I am making here, they are continually teaching me by their good examples and positive attitudes. When I first moved back here in April, I never thought I'd see the day when I would develop deep friendships with anyone in my singles ward. I'm so happy to say that day is here, and I'm so grateful for it. I've been feeling very blessed lately, because I have been blessed to have so many great friends that are all over the country. I have so many people that I know I can turn to for anything, and that's so awesome. It is my hope that I can be the kind of friend and example to my friends that so many of them are to me. 

I hope all of you go out into the world this week, and make it the best week of your life.
 Live the life you love, and love the life you live. 





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...