Thursday, August 25, 2011

Love the Life you Live, Live the Life you Love.

I feel like I never blog anymore, but the truth is I have been busy out there living my life and haven't had any time to blog. SO here I am now, at 11:00 pm finally getting around to this. My life has been pretty great since I last wrote. I took a little road trip down to Houston to visit with my friends Ally and Dan. They happen to be dating, and are just the cutest little couple that ever existed! We all met up at school in Idaho, and we are all from different parts of Texas, so it was fun to all be reunited in our most favorite state!


I spent about 24 hours with them, it was so much fun. It was my first time in Houston, and I can honestly say I don't think I could EVER live there. It's just way too humid for my taste.  I woke up and left Dallas at 6 am on Saturday so that I could spend the day with them. It was a 5 hour drive down to Houston, and then I stayed until early Sunday afternoon. Every minute we had was filled with fun, laughter, and good memories.

I am so grateful to have friends like Ally and Dan. I do miss them, but I wasn't sad as I drove back to Dallas because I know they are the types of friends that don't just stop talking to you because you're not in the same state or town anymore. Our friendships have only grown closer in this summer that we've been apart, thank you technology.

So in the ten hours of "alone time" I had of driving in between here and there, I had lots of time just think. I thought about it all. I thought a lot about my life, and where I am now, where I want to be, and the friendships I've made. I was filled with gratitude for my life. I have really been blessed. I have a wonderful job, I have amazing friends from school that you are all probably tired of me talking about, but let's be real, they are the best of the best, and I have amazing friends here in Dallas that I've gotten to know better as this summer has come and gone.

I can finally say that I feel at home here, and I am enjoying life in Texas. 

Of course I still miss Idaho, and my college friends, but I am so grateful to finally be enjoying what life has to offer me here in the greatest state ever. I think for so much of this summer I have been so afraid to move on in life and make the transition from "college life" to "real life". I'm not so afraid anymore. I am excited. I move into my new apartment in two days, and that is kind of a big deal. Today I realized that my days of living at home, in the house I grew up in, are over. I'm a big kid now, and will most likely never live under the same roof as my mother. That idea is freaky. This is a big change! But I feel like it's a good change.

One quote that has been on mind lots lately is this, "Love the life you live, live the life you love.". Isn't that quote great?! I need it to be framed and hanging in my new bedroom like asap. Your life is a gift, each day is a gift really. Don't hate the gift you've been blessed with, love it. 

4 comments:

AllyM said...

um excuse me. best blog post everrrrrrrrr. im so glad you are happy and so glad that i got to see you while in Texas.

loveee you. lots.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

I wanted to let you know I've started a group with a friend, and it's called Hill Country Charmers, http://hillcountrycharmers.blogspot.com/. It's for bloggers in the Hill Country area. It's a place where area bloggers can come together, follow and support one another, and eventually start having meet ups to become real life friends. Check it out if you're interested! I'd love if you joined :D

Fash Boulevard said...

super glad i found your blog. i'm following. I'd love if you'd check out my celebrity fashion and style blog and see if your interested in following too. Thanks love. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

This was a great post, really. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your friends Ally and Dan! I'm not sure if you know this, but I also read Ally's blog. You guys seem like such great friends!

I'm glad you have come to accept the fact that you are going into the "real world" and are comfortable with it. I wish you all the best!


XO,
SWEATshirt DRESSshirt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...