Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's Be Real. I Don't Do Fake.

I've read lots of inspirational blogs this week. And I would love to post one as well. But I feel like all inspiration I  had to write was written into a talk I gave in church on Sunday. The talk I was assigned to speak on was called "Hope", you can read it here. It's a really great talk. And I was super nervous to give the talk, but it ended up going really well. Well, maybe that was just in my head. Either way, I was personally inspired by that talk and it gave me a lot to think about last week, and this week.

Here's something fun that happened this weekend...





Two of my friends in the singles ward got married, and they had a really cute reception. They had a photo booth and it was just way too much fun. I think maybe one day I'd love to have one at my reception. If that day ever comes. Until then, I'll have fun partying it up at everyone else's receptions!








There is a few exciting going on in my life these days! First of all, move in date to the new apartment is next Saturday! I'm so excited! ALSO, I'm headed to Houston this weekend to visit with Ally and her boo Dan. I'm so so so SO excited!

Tonight my brain is tired, so I think I will end this. My words of wisdom for tonight are this. Be you. Show your true colors. It is only hurtful to you and everyone around you when you try to be anyone or anything other than you. Don't be fake. Be real. Most people can tell the difference.


2 comments:

Becca and Derek said...

Photo booths are super fun! Enjoy your time with Miss Ally!

Jen said...

Cute pictures. Love you Melissa. Love that you are real and not fake. You are one of the best people I have ever met. I'm so glad to know you. Hope life treats you well. Love Ya Cuz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...