Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh How I Love Trips Down Memory Lane

Today I was feeling beyond exhausted. And then I somehow got up the motivation to get myself out of the house and go to yoga class at the gym. I haven't gone to the gym since I've been back from vacation. I knew it would be difficult, but oh. my. gosh. I struggled. Maybe it was the fact that it was Hawtha yoga, which means the heat is turned up. I mean, seriously, I really think it is crazy for anybody living in Texas in the middle of the summer to ever even contemplate turning on the heat at all. But it might be even crazier for someone to willingly go to this kind of class for their personal self. I think that makes me crazy. Oh well.

But after the class was over, I felt so much better. I love yoga, it is hard for sure, but it is always so refreshing. Whenever I have lots on my mind, yoga helps me forget everything. When I got in my car and drove home, this song came on the radio. And BAM I was back in 5th grade again.



We sang this song to our parents at my 5th grade graduation. But I really loved this song, I mean I loved N'SYNC so of course I loved this song. Does anyone remember the movie it's from, "Music of the Heart"? I totally loved that movie. It made me want to play the violin so bad. But I never got to do that. But seriously I love this song. So that's my flashback for the night. And I may or may not have listened to this song multiple times in a row prior to posting this. Judge me. I love N'SYNC.

It is late and so my mind is not all the way there. I will leave you with a list of random thoughts on my mind.

  1. Apartment searching is stressful.
  2. Texas summer heat is OUT OF CONTROL and I don't know how much more I can take.
  3. The above statement makes me miss Rexburg blizzards. Yep. Yep it does.
  4. Sometimes being honest is so hard to do.
  5. This remix is my favorite Coldplay remix of all time.
  6. Working with as many cancer patients as I do has really opened up my eyes to see how very lucky I am to have good health. 
  7. I have received one too many wedding announcements this summer.  
  8. Summer time is the best time for new music. 
  9. I'm giving up sweets, because my sweet tooth has gotten the best of me this week.
  10. I've been taking lots of trips down memory lane. I'm grateful for our ability as humans to have the amazing brains that we do that allow us to recall memories for years and years and years. Seriously the human body is incredible if you think about it. Sorry, there's my nerdy health science degree showing.
Well that's it for now. I sincerely hope that everyone is having a great week! Congrats, you made it to Wednesday. The weekend is almost here! Smile. Love. Laugh.


1 comment:

chan said...

Im in 100% agreement with getting to many wedding invitations! also I feel like you might have some great music that you should share with me :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...