Monday, June 20, 2011

Thought of the Day

     Sometime last week I had a thought pop into my head, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It may be weird and cheesy to some, especially those who don't share the same religion as I do, but it's mind blowing to me. 

     I was talking to a friend about how blessed we are because of the gospel. And as I contemplated some things I was grateful for that are a direct blessing of my religion, I started to think about some of my friends. And then I started thinking about all the amazing people I've met that were brought into my life because of the gospel. And then my mind was blown. I am sure some of you may think, "Duh Melissa, you went to a Mormon college, of course you made lots of Mormon friends." Well it's a lot deeper than that to me. I've always been a firm believer that people come into your life for a reason, when you need them most. I don't think it's just coincidental at all that some people come into our lives, and completely change us. Do you believe in earthly angels? Because I really do. And it really amazes me that so many incredible people can find themselves linked because of the Gospel.

 That link is what binds us, what brought us together, and what brings us closer.

        I don't know where I would be without all of those wonderful examples and friends that I have been blessed with. But most importantly, I really don't know what direction my life would be going in if I didn't have this gospel that has blessed me with so many wonderful things and people in my life. Luckily, I don't ever have to wonder where my life would be, because this is real life. I really am so blessed. 

        To all of those friends of mine I met up in the lovely city of Rexburg, you should know that I am so very grateful for each of you individually. The last four years of my life spent getting to know you all has made me into the person I am today. My life has been shaped by you're example and friendship. So thank you. YOU are truly an angel in my eyes.

        So to all of you readers whether we share the same faith or not, take some time to think of the angels in your life.  Count your blessings. Name them one by one.

4 comments:

kemp. said...

you are such an example of gratitude! I love you Melissa Stevens!!!

This post made my day! Thanks for thinking of me enough to send a text so I could read this and be happy.

Kelsey said...

you are an inspiration. thank you for this reminder. you little miss melissa stevens are amazing and i love you.

AllyM said...

I love this. and you. you are awesomeeeeee.

Heather said...

I love you!! Can't wait to see you soon!! :) We'll stock up the freezer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...