Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

One of the best things about living in Texas is the amazing cooking and BBQ that occurs often. My dad has always loved to be outside cooking on the grill, or outside having a huge craw-fish broil. My dad's broils are always a huge thing that tons of people are invited to. There is usually lots of craw-fish, crab legs, shrimp, sausage, potatoes, and corn. He always cooks it in this mildly spicy Louisiana seasonings, and it's oh OH so good. This weekend my dad wanted to have a little craw-fish broil to celebrate my graduation. It was so much fun, and SOOOo delicious. I brought my best friend Aubrey with me, and we enjoyed the perfect weather, and the amazing food.











In other news, Kelan had his 2nd reception here in Texas this last weekend. It was so fun!
I mean, we deserve props for wearing these shoes.



bff's



These boys are my world. We have all been through so much together, plenty of ups and downs, and it amazes me to see how close we all still are to this day. When the reception was over, the three of us and Kelan and Tyler's wives were all just sitting talking about life and some of our best memories from when we were growing up. It was kind of sad to say goodbye, because this was the last time we'll all be together probably for  awhile. It was kind of surreal. All of our lives are changing in really great ways, and we are all really excited to see where each other's lives go, but we were all still kind of sad to say goodbye. I came home kinda overwhelmed with lots of different emotions going through my head. I am just super happy that I know that even though we are saying goodbye for a while, I know that friendships like ours don't just lose touch. 
So a quote that keeps coming to mind is this:
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
This quote actually can apply to many situations in my life at the moment.
We really should just be grateful for the memories we make in this life, and look forward to the memories we have yet to make. 

Hope everyone has a great day! Smile lots and be grateful for today!

2 comments:

AllyM said...

i love crawfishhhhh

Kelsey said...

that looks nasty. but the shrimp looks divine!! give it to mee! lovely post girl. we need to chat. like asap. i miss you. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...