Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Blogging Habits Need To Change

I've really been neglecting my blog. Life has been a little crazy so I haven't been able to read blogs like I used to, and my posts have been boring. I apologize and hope you all understand. But lucky for you all, tonight I am in the mood to blog, and so my mind is about to vomit out all of its thoughts...maybe not so lucky for y'all anyways.

This summer has been a tough transition for me, but I have to say I'm finally starting to enjoy being here. Today was a monumental day at work, I am finally past all my training time, and feel like I have accomplished a lot of learning of new things, and am finally ready to take on this two person job just being the one person that I am. Yep. That's right, they hired me to take over a job that was being done by two people. Today was the first day that I was kinda thrown into the mix of things on my own. And surprisingly, I didn't drown in the sea of assignments that were required for me to accomplish. I stayed a float today, without floaties. And it was kind of awesome.

I've been trying a lot of new things to try to feel established here. Half of me is trying to be ok with living here, and understanding that I have a nice job and that I should just plan on staying here for a while. The other half of me would love to pack everything up again and move out to Utah and reunite with all of my friends. It doesn't really help that they are all very convincing when they tell me to move out there! ;)
But the truth in the matter is that I do have a good job here, and being here is probably what is best for me for the next little while. On that note..

So true.

Those steps I'm taking to feel more established here? Oh ya. So one day last week I walked into my room after a long day at work. I just stood in the doorway and stared into my crammed messy room. I then got some strange desire to completely rearrange my furniture. So I did. My room now has a way more space and isn't so cluttered, and I finally feel like my room is awesome and I love being in it.

I've been working out way more often than I'm used to. I've been taking a class at the gym called "Strike". It's a kick-boxing class with different athletic drills. Needless to say, it's like kick-boxing boot camp. It's tough, but I love it. It kills me every time, I just keep telling myself it's good for me, and will get me ready for swimsuit season! Haha. But today my arm has had this random pulse in it that is a result of last nights strike class. It's like that little pulse you get in your eyelid when you are stressed and sleep deprived, but way more annoying.  Between that class, and my hot yoga class, and my own personal cardio workouts, the gym is providing me a way to unload my stresses at the end of the work day, and helps me get into better shape. All of this is helping me feel more content with Texas these days. 

I hope everyone has a great three-day weekend!! I'm going on a camping trip with the singles ward, it should be lots of fun! I love camping, and tin foil dinners, and good company! xoxo

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

i want to go camping so bad!!! oh and did you get a new header? i dont know why everyones header is looking new to me but...um serious. i love yours. can you come visit utah for memorial instead of camping actually? and then we can go camping. f.u.n. i miss miss miss you. xoxo

Morgan said...

Melissa. I just love you so much. You inspire me to be positive about so many things that usually I would just sit down and give up. I love you.

kemp. said...

Tin Foil dinners are amazing. I will be there in five to accompany you

Kelli Warren said...

mel, please blog more so I can stalk you more and feel more connected to you! can we please catch up this week? call me whenever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...