Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

It has been a while bloggers, sorry! But I have some exciting news! Tomorrow I will be flying out to Virginia for my best friends wedding! Kelan and Kalie will be getting married for time and all eternity in the Washington D.C. temple on Saturday.  Kelan and I grew up together, and I still can't believe we're old enough for this day to be here. It seems like just yesterday we were 16 years old just trying to make it through high school.
And then before we knew it, a few years had gone by and I had just completed my first year of college. On the night that I came home for summer vacation, it was his last night in Texas before he left for his two year mission for our church in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Fast forward two more years, I had just finished my junior year of college at BYU-I, and Kelan returned home from his mission. I was there to surprise him and welcome him home in the airport.


That following fall I started my senior year of school back in Idaho, and he came up to start his first semester! It was so fun to have him up there, we had lots of fun times playing Mario cart, going to the sand dunes, and dressing up for Halloween.

Halloween!
Party on our way to the sand dunes.

Dying his hair black for Halloween.

And then came my final semester of college. As I graduated, Kelan and his fiancee Kalie were there to support me as I walked across that stage. They also gave my quite the graduation present.


My cap is totally about to fall off...haha.
They gave me a brand new laptop!

One more awesome thing...
Kelan asked me to be his "Best (wo)man" at his wedding.
So I will be part of the wedding party this weekend, on his side! How fun! 
It will be such a great weekend, and I am so excited to be there as Kelan takes this next big step in life.
I love Kalie, and I'm so happy to call her a friend! I also admire her for being willing to have a double wedding with her sister! That's a lot of sisterly love, I don't know if I could do that!
I hope all of you have a great weekend! I'll be posting wedding pics when I return on Sunday!


4 comments:

Anissa said...

So jealous you will be in DC soon! Have so much fun and wish kallie and kelan all my best!

Jen said...

Hope you have fun! Eric and I were married in that temple. Thanks for your posts. We all love and miss you!

Kelsey said...

so cute melissa. you are such a good friend :) seriously the best. have so much fun!!! and i can't wait to see pics!!! xoxo

Mom of 12 said...

I love the DC temple! I only saw it when I was in high school so I couldn't go inside, but it looks like something out of a fairytale. Have fun!
Sandy
www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...