Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Life.

I am overwhelmingly behind in reading y'alls  blogs, that's what happens when you take a weekend vacation and work 40 hours a week I suppose.

Life is a little busy...
So
 Come what may and love it, right?
right.

Last night after I was finished working out at the gym, I walked outside to a crazy wild Texas style thunderstorm.
It was like 9:30 at night, and the sky was continuously lit up by lighting, and the rain was coming down hard. I thought there could possibly be a tornado or something because the wind was crazy. But I had just had a nice long work out and was so hot, that the cool pouring rain felt awesome. 
SO as I walked to my car in the pouring rain, I didn't care to run, I took my time. 
And then I got to my car and just stood outside in the pouring rain for a minute. I stretched out my arms and smiled, I felt like a little kid again.
Then I attempted to drive home, and the rain was coming down so hard I couldn't see what lane I was supposed to be in. As I came to a stop at the stoplight, I noticed the lightning was pretty close, and I was starting to freak out a little bit. I called my mom and told her where I was, and that I'd be home soon. As soon as I hung up, lighting came out of nowhere and struck the light post right in front of my car, and the light exploded. Then I really started freaking out. Luckily I made it home safely, but still got caught in a hail storm with little tiny pieces of hail. But still...scary.

I always thought life would be way less busy and stressful once I finished college,
 boy was I wrong

I don't think there is any part of "growing up" that gets easier.

I still have tough times, and I still experience learning lessons every single day. Those things in life will never go away no matter what we accomplish or how old we get. My stress now that I'm out of college is no longer for getting homework and doing well in school, but rather it's for taking care of myself and trying to find balance in this crazy and beautiful life. 

One of the things I'm working on in order to take care of myself is consistently working out. On that note, my kick-boxing class starts soon, so I need to go. 
Happy Wednesday bloggers!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...