Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T

So I did something crazy...
I woke up yesterday thinking...hmmm I'm gonna go car shopping and check out the memorial day sales.
I didn't really plan on actually purchasing a car. 
But I did.
That's right, I did it. I can't really believe it, but I did it. 

I went and bought a 2011 Toyota Corolla. It's dark metallic blue, and it's fun sized like me. When I drove away with it, it only had 8 miles on it. 2 of those miles were from me test driving it. 
Weird.
I never do things like this. NEVER. I save money like crazy, and have a hard time spending it. So let me tell you that when I wrote out my check for the down payment on the car, I nearly had a heart attack.
That was rough.
But in all honesty, I have a brand new car. And I payed for the down payment, and am paying for it. It's all me. I'm proud of that. For some reason this song comes to my head. And this one. And this one. Ok I think that's just about all the songs that came to mind. It makes me feel like a real adult, and that's a little scary, but kinda cool too. And as I drove away, this song came on the radio. You better believe I blasted that new sound system and sang it at the top of my lungs. That song just makes people feel like they can sing I decided. 

I went from driving this beast...

to this one...

Life is good.
Now if only I can sell my old car. That would just be awesome. 
Now I leave you with this song, it came on my ipod today and I had forgotten how much I loved it. We all need to remember sometimes just to breath in and breathe out...

3 comments:

Katie B. said...

Congrats girls!!! Doesn't independence feel so good!
Proud of ya!

Kelli Warren said...

Yay! Congrats. you are amazing and my hero! When I grow up I want to be just like you (even though I am older than you :) haha
I miss you sooo much! drive your cute little butt in you cute little car here right now!

kemp. said...

Congrats Melissa!!! You are awesome Miss Independent Kelly Clarkson for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...