Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Things That Matter Most

Right now I have a killer migraine. I've had it all day, and I'm beginning to think the only way I can kick this mean sucker is to just go to bed early and get a good nights sleep.

But I did want to share something that I've been thinking about lately. I've found that ever sense I've been home, life has been rushed and crazy. I have been so busy doing this and that, and it's been difficult for me to find balance or relaxation. I've been getting these stress headaches from life at home, life at work, and everything in-between. So yesterday I was looking on this website for something inspirational to read before bed. I came across this talk, one of my favorites. It seemed to give me the perfect advice that I needed at that moment.

" If life and it's rushed pace and many stresses have made it difficult for you to feel like rejoicing, then perhaps now is a good time to refocus on what matters most.
 Strength comes not from frantic activity but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light. It comes from placing our attention and efforts on the basics of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most.
 Let us simplify our lives a little. Let us make the changes necessary to refocus our lives on the sublime beauty of the simple, humble path of Christian discipleship-the path that leads always toward a life of meaning, gladness, and peace."

I've heard this talk before, and I've heard a devotional or two at school that talked about this very concept. Remembering the things that matter most. So why is it that I am always loosing track of the things that matter most in my life? It is so easy to get lost in our busy and chaotic lives and lose sight of the important things. It happens to me all the time. 
 
What are some things that matter most to you?

For me, my faith is on the top of the list. I need to not let my life get so busy that I forget to do the small things everyday that will help my faith grow. Also on that list would be my relationship with family members, friends, and of course myself.

So last night I decided to start working harder to refocus on the things that matter most each day, and to de-clutter my busy life so that I have some time for me, time to find balance in this crazy beautiful life. 

I challenge you all to slow down a little, and think about the things that are most important to you. Make time for those things, don't lose sight of them just because life gets a little hectic at times.

Ok. I'm done for tonight. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! 

6 comments:

Katie B. said...

I love this Melissa. Sooooo true. THANK YOU for the reminder to simplify life again.

Jello said...

wow... awesome post! a reminder, that is! really, really enjoyed reading this. you have great writing skills.
love,
Jello

Anissa said...

Okay I love love love that quote you found. Sometimes you just need to step back and reevaluate your life especially in the times of stress and chaos. Love you Melissa!

Monica Whitney said...

love your blog!

Ask the Duplex

Kelsey said...

sweet post melissa! love you xoxo

Becca and Derek said...

That quote is fantastic! I'm putting it up on our fridge! I love that you brought this to attention! Check out my give-a-way!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...