Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thank you Technology

Thank you technology, for allowing me to blog right this very second. Thank you for providing a way for me to chat face to face with my friends in different states. Thank you for my car that plays music really loud as I cruise down the highway. Thank you for my camera that can take pictures to help capture memories made. Seriously technology allows us to do everything.


You know what I think one of the greatest things is
Having a full tank of gas in the car.
I filled up my little old Toyota Corolla tonight because I was below empty.
I seriously don't know how that is even possible, but I'm not complaining.
I usually don't fill it all the way up because I just hate spending money on gas, especially when gas prices are as high as they are. But tonight I found a good deal, the cheapest I'd seen today, and I just went all out and filled it all the way up. I just loved driving home with the windows rolled down, the radio blaring with me singing at the top of my lungs and the sun setting.
It was just really great.


You know what else is really awesome? The invention of Skype.
And computers having web cams and microphones. I mean seriously, technology is a life saver.
Today I got to skype with Ally, and it was awesome. Seriously made my day a million times better! I'm in need of a skype date with Kelsey asap. Seriously, these girls make my life so awesome. They always are making me smile or laugh, they are the kind of friends every person needs to have. Seriously. They are bombdotcom. I am so blessed to know them. Ally and Kelsey, I love you both so much!

You know what else I have discovered?
I love video messaging I think more than voice texting.
It's just so awesome.


These are some of my dear friends from school that I just miss oh so much. But as Ally and I discussed today, we are so grateful that we lived it up this semester and had fun every single day. We took advantage and we had the best semester ever! Now as we look back on memories we have so many great ones to look at! I miss all these people so much, but I know that we have built lasting friendships, and that is awesome.


7 comments:

Pia said...

Skype has to be one of the best inventions ever!
There's no other way (or no other affordable way) for my boyfriend to talk to his family in Tunisia, and that you even get to see each other via skype? Truly amazing. They wouldn't know what to do without it.

AllyM said...

i love skype. it saves my lifeeee. love you too Melissa!

Also...I too love a full tank of gas.

Kelsey said...

super cute post miss mel. and skype date. today? when you're off of work? done.done.done. let call me? oh and video messages really are awesome :) love you girl. xoxo

Alice Dias said...

Hello,
I loved your blog, it's soooooo sweet!!
I am already following you!!
Can you follow me too please?? And if you dont mind could you follow the blog's twitter? @blogspm
Kisses
Alice Dias


http://coisassoparameninasfofis.blogspot.com

Sharde said...

i really do agree about having a full tank of gas, the next day i'm bummed that its not full anymore! and the one reason my man and I got iphones is so that we could use the face time feature while he's in california for a few months without me. it is sooo great

Gertrude said...

Technology is awesome! I live in a small island and would never have thought of making so many friends from all over the world. Also, my best friend from secondary school now lives in Canada, and we're still best friends thanks to technology! xo

Julie said...

Aww, I love thankful posts! I definitely agree with everything in yours.

Technology, especially Skype, is amazing!

Mint & Mellow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...