Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Never Thought This Day Would Come

HELLO BLOGGERS!!!!!
I've really missed the blogging world for the last week or so. But now I can return because...
I'M DONE WITH COLLEGE!!!!!!
I just took my last final a few hours ago, and as I walked out to look at the screen to find out my score I saw to my surprise that I had gotten an "A" and it said right next to my score.."Well Done!!!"

Wow. That small phrase was the very best way I think I could end my career at BYU-Idaho.
It really just doesn't get much better than that.

To all of you wonderful bloggers who wished me good luck on finals,
Thank you so very much, you are all so thoughtful!

As I walked home today from the testing center, there was a mixture of emotions going through my mind. It finally hit me that I am done with college here. Weird.
I was happy, sad, excited, shocked, and speechless...or thoughtless all at the same time. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry...it was an interesting moment.

And then all the sudden it started to snow, but it was a different kind of snow, it was like confetti snow. It was kind of cool, I felt like Rexburg was congratulating me the best way it knew how.

So what now? G-R-A-D-U-A-T-I-O-N in 3 days. No big deal.
Ok ok actually it's kind of a big deal!

My mom started the long drive from Texas yesterday and will be here on Friday! Then we will attend all of the graduation festivities, and then I will say goodbye to Rexburg for forever probably. I'll pack all my stuff in the car, and my mom and I will make the long trek back to Texas from Idaho. Ally keeps telling me that drive is awful. I'm sure she's right, but it'll be nice to have a few days of one on one time with my mom.

Since it's been a while, I'll end with my smile list for this week:
  • Riding my scooter to class for the first time this semester. Yes, my razor scooter. Got there in 4 min. Awesome.
  • Closing ward social, and being acknowledged as a graduate, and receiving a really good "100 Grand" candy bar. They said they hoped my first pay check as a graduate was a hundred grand. Wouldn't that be nice?! haha
  • Having a sleepover with a bunch of girls that go to church with me, and being able to re-live the memories of staying up all night gossiping and having sleepover kind of fun.
  • Library partied EVERY DAY and EVERY NIGHT with some of my best friends up here
  • April fools day activities with Ally and Kelsey
  • Listening to the leaders of my church give some incredible talks at conference.
  • Having the best friends anyone could ever ask for this semester.
  • Becoming a graduate of this amazing school, Brigham Young University-Idaho

3 comments:

kemp. said...

Congrats Mel! You are so cool, I wish I was as cool as you!

MereMorphy said...

i cant believe it! congrats to you miss, this post kind of got me teary and thinking how someday i will have to move on with college. :(oh well, change is good and a part of life....p.s it better not be the last time you visit rexburg. come back!

Megan and Justin said...

Congratulations!! Love your blog :) following...now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...