Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Smile list #1

This week has been a long week.
Have you ever taken a test that you thought you were really prepared for?
Probably yes.
Have you every walked out of the testing center after the test feeling disappointed?
Probably yes.
I did both of these things today. But as I was walking down the stairs of the testing center, that's when my brain decided to remember all of the things that I was blanking on during the test.
Perfect timing.
Although I was pretty upset for a little while, I realized that one bad test isn't gonna kill me this semester.

I got a happy phone call from Ally today, and it totally turned my day around.
She had just received some good news, and was pretty eager to tell me.
Now, Ally is really sick this week, and I could hear it in her voice.
You know how people sound funny when they're all congested and stuff.
Haha, that was Ally today.
So I couldn't help but smile because she was so excited,
and was spitting out the story like a mile a minute.
So thank you Ally for your good attitude today, because it helped change my bad attitude :)

Every time I see a picture of the Dallas skyline, I get really homesick.
I mean look at this, it's beautiful. See that building with the lit up ball on top of it? It's called Reunion Tower. I've eaten dinner up there, and at night it's really cool because the ball slowly rotates, and you get an amazing panoramic view of downtown, and at night with all the lights, it's breathtaking.
After graduation in two weeks, I will be heading back to this great city.
Oh. Hollllaaaa.
Speaking of graduation, my friend Abby took some grad photo's for me.
Here is just a few of the many that she snapped.


Now I feel weird for posting so many pictures of myself...oh well...this is my blog.
So deal with it.

A long time ago I used to write "smile lists" for every day. It was just a little list of things or people that made me happy that particular day. For some reason, I stopped doing it. I want to start it up again because...it's just fun.

Smile list for March 22nd, 2011
  • Warm weather after a day of snow.
  • "This hurts so good" kind of run on the treadmill.
  • Being in the mood for spring cleaning just in time for pre white glove.
  • Dancing in the living room to a song on the radio as I cleaned.
  • Sleeping in
  • Kelsey Smith
  • Ally Mullin
  • The thought that I can crawl into bed right now and go to sleep :)
Goodnight all!
I'm done rambling for today! Hope everyone is having a splendid week!



9 comments:

Giselle said...

cutee blog!:D hugs from Spain

Anything but Bland said...

love your blog! I am now a follower! return the favor? ;D

love, polly

jenny said...

haha... "this is your blog". love it. you go girl. and way to change that attitude! oh if i could do that more!

Kelsey said...

i am going to start a smile list. this is awesome. you made my day. thankyou!!! xoxo

AllyM said...

you make meeeeee smile.
gave you a award.
pass it on.

MJonas_ said...

theanks you for your comment!!
your blog is so cute!
if you want you will be my follower!:)
XOXO
www.stylestarmjonas.blogspot.com

SWEATshirtDRESSshirt said...

the reunion tower reminds me a lot of the space needle here in seattle! i love buildings like that; where you get a beautiful view of the entire downtown of a city.

XO,
SSDS

p.s., i left you an award on my page! :)

Anik Milk said...

I thhink I should make my smile list and hang it on my computer. This list really helps boost a morale.

Hugs to you AnikMilk

*your daily dose said...

i love your smile list! such a great idea, i do a "thankfu list," so pretty much the same thing. recognizing all of the good in life makes all the difference in the world.

thanks a bunch for reading my blog :) it means a lot to me!

i am now your newest follower :)

xo
makall

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...