Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lesson's Learned.

The last four days have been full of nothing but fun and amazing opportunities to be taught and uplifted by several incredible people.

Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a regional Relief Society meeting with the speaker being Sister Julie B. Beck-General Relief Society President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I went with Ally, Kelsey, and Katie. She spoke for 2 hours at a meeting where all relief society sisters were invited to attend. It was an awesome and unique experience because she invited any sister to come and ask her a question, any question, and she answered all questions to the best of her ability. Every answer was so inspiring, and I learned so much.

After that meeting, we all went to eat lunch in the crossroads where Katie so graciously bought us all lunch. Spare no expense! haha. What a sweetheart!!! Then Katie, Ally, and I were all invited to go to a second meeting with Sister Beck that the relief society presidencies were invited to attend. Once again, she opened it up for questions, and so much more inspirational answers followed. I really am so grateful for the opportunity I had to attend. I feel so lucky to be in the relief society presidency at this time, so that I was able to be taught in person by the General Relief Society President of our church. It was an incredible opportunity, and I really learned so much.

The rest of our Saturday was just full of endless epic adventures and laughter :)

Sunday was wonderful as always. Fast and testimony meeting is always such a blessing, because I always learn so much from my peers and the strength in each of them.

Monday our ward had the opportunity to have FHE with President Clark. For those of you who don't know who that is, he's the president of this University. It was another Q&A session. And I really wasn't planning on going. I changed my mind last minute to attend, and I'm so grateful that I did. President Clark mentioned at the beginning that many of the questions that people may be prompted to ask will be beneficial for them of course, but also could be for the benefit for someone else. I had no idea that I would be one of those people that needed to hear the answers. I was blown away by the solid answers he provided. I was truly taught by the spirit.

But then my dear friend Ally stood up and asked a question. If I tried to write what she asked, I'd get it all wrong. I was too busy thinking of how great her question was and how I also really needed to hear the answer to it. The question was for those of us who were graduating, and she talked about how she was excited, but also terrified. And personally, I've been feeling the same way. I immediately turned to my friend Mike and told him to take good notes on this answer because I had forgotten to grab a pen and notepad.

The answer that President Clark gave left me in complete awe. His advice couldn't have been more perfect. I mean he left Ally in tears, and I was sitting there tearing up as well. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. For the last few weeks, I have really been stressing out and freaking about about life after graduation because it is less than 6 weeks away. And I knew that last night's council from President Clark was inspired and it was meant for me as well as all of the other soon to be graduates.

In summary, he told us not to fear, but to have faith because the Lord is on our side, and he walks with us. His legions of angels also walk with us. So we need to not fear the future or the unknown, but just have faith and let the Lord bless us. He shared with us an amazing scripture. Probably my new favorite. D&C 84:88. Read it. Love it. Share it.

Ally drove me home, and we talked about how amazed we were, and how grateful we were for his council. Then today at Devo when President Clark introduced the speaker, Ally turned to me and said "Oh hey, remember how awesome his message was last night?"

It was bomb. Life is good. And I really have no complaints. But I do have ten pages of notes from the last four inspirational days :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...