Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Weekend to Remember!

Well...it has been a while. A week actually. Way too long in the blogging world.

I really had a fantastic weekend. Everyday was just epic.

Friday. I got out of class at 12:30 and was done for the day. Ally and I decided to go to lunch because we both got out at the same time. We drove down to Idaho Falls because we were craving some Panda Express. It was such a fun little trip out of town, and Ally and I had lots of interesting conversations. Ally, let me just say that I'm so glad we became the type of friends that talk about more than just our favorite T.V. shows :)

We also needed to go visit lovely Kelsey at her new job at Albertsons, we snuck a few pictures of her in action, and tried some of the interesting samples she was passing out. Haha. She's just the cutest little sample person I've ever met.

Saturday. I got up at the crack of dawn to head down to Utah for the day with my roommates and some of our FHE brothers. We left at 6:45 a.m. and got to Provo at about 11:00. We ate at this heavenly restaurant called Tucano's. Let me just say, if you've never eaten there, you should eat there soon. It was seriously PURE BLISS. I've never been so full in my life.
After lunch we headed over to the BYU Basketball game

It was my first BYU game ever, and I will be honest and say it far exceeded my expectations. I LOVE basketball. It is my all-time favorite sport. I played it all through middle school, and most of high school. I love it. And yesterday made me miss the experiences I had with my high school basketball team. I really didn't expect this BYU game to be as exciting as it was. I've been to plenty of Dallas Mavericks games back home, and I feel that this college level game was just as, if not more exciting as the NBA games. Needless to say, I was impressed.

After the game I started the long trip back to Rexburg with my friends Adam and Mike. We stopped in Salt Lake to see my old roommate Alyssa. It was so so so fun to see her again, although I wish I could have snatched her and brought her back with me!

We kept driving, making another stop at the Lava Hot Springs in Idaho. It was pretty freezing up there, but boiling hot in the hot springs. Me and Mike and Adam relaxed there for about an hour, and then started to feel a little out of it. The hot water does things to you, makes you not feel to well. So we left at about 10 p.m. to finish the 2 hours we had left in the drive back to Rexburg. Let me just say, this day was the longest day of our lives. We all were completely exhausted, this made the rest of the drive really difficult.

In order to stay awake, we all had to sing every song on the radio, and then on a C.D. as loud as we could. I noticed the closer we got to Rexburg, the louder and more off key we started singing because we were really struggling to stay awake. I felt like I had been hit by a truck, and all I wanted to do was sleep. But for our safety, I joined in the sing along and tried to help them stay awake as well.

We finally made it back safely, and I don't think I've slept as hard as I did last night in a long time.

Sunday. Well that is today. I struggled in getting out of bed, but luckily made it to church on time. It was worth it. Church today was amazing. And I was thoroughly impressed with every one's lessons and testimonies. And now it's time for my Sunday nap. And then...SUPER BOWL!!!!

1 comment:

AllyM said...

our convos have gotten a little deep. love ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...