Saturday, December 18, 2010

David Archuleta is my future husband.

After a long and tiresome finals week, I am home in Texas for the holidays!!! This weekend was one of the most amazing weekends I've had all semester! I had the amazing opportunity to attend the dedication of the new BYU-Idaho Center, and the re-dedication of the Manwaring center. We were privileged to hear from President Eyering, Elder Bednar, and Elder Nelson. The choir and orchestra preformed my most favorite hymn ever, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", and it seriously gave me the chills.

I also had the opportunity to go down to Utah with my roommate Alyssa. We got to Salt Lake and decided to go stand in the standby line for tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert in the Conference center, featuring the one and only DAVID ARCHULETA!!!!! There were about 150 people in front of us in line by the time we got there, but we decided to stick it out and see what happened. The workers kept coming down and telling us how slim our chances were of getting in. Then all the sudden, this cute little old couple came to our section on the line, they said they had 4 tickets they were willing to give away. I told them I only needed 2 tickets, and they gave them to me! Alyssa and I were shocked by how amazing our seats were!!! We were nearly all the way down on the floor level. And the concert was amazing, David Archuleta just doesn't know it yet, but we're so getting married one day.

Afterwards we went to see the lights on temple square for the first time in our lives. It was breathtaking for sure.

Seriously, I love the temple.

And I saw this video last year, and I just had to share. Gets me every time. I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...