Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nobody is gonna ruin my Thanksgiving Feast!

So in my International Health class, my professor wants us to experience what it'd be like to live on a week's amount of food rations that a person living in a refugee camp in Africa would have. So of course he wants us to experience this the week of Thanksgiving. Let me just share with you the following ingredients that we will be allowed for the next 7 days.

8.5 cups flour (wheat or corn...you can mix and match)
1.33 cups beans
1 cup rice
1 cup butter (two sticks)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup salt
2 eggs

And that is it...for the whole week.
Sorry dear professor, but I'm going to Texas and I will not be abiding by this food ration crap.

Speaking of Texas...I'm beginning to have mixed feelings about going home. Things on the home front are a little stressful and I'm hoping that this vacation goes well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...